Monday, June 4, 2012

Be sensitive to the child's world

A full body self portrait

I was always told that I am overly sensitive to others feelings. I seem to easily place myself in others shoes. It turns out that God was training me on how to control such feelings and how to use it to comfort others. Today its the key when I work with the children, and its my advise to all....Be sensitive to the child's world.
Building a relationship begins with what the child sees and perceives and is dependent on the adult's sensitivity to the child's experiencing moment. Making contact with the child means responding with gentleness, kindness, and softness to the child's communication of self. This applies to all children, typical and atypical.
Once I've entered a child's world, with a passion, with a courage to pursue in depth, with determination to stay on the path with the child no matter what.... I can enjoy, embrace and encourage all the accomplishments, every single one. See that flame in their eyes light up with self-esteem and self-awareness, fills my spirit with more energy and passion for watching how this child flourishes and grows.
Being sensitive to me is being very aware and very loving in every action and reaction of that child and responding with pure love that has a purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing how important children (and adults') feelings are as we navigate a world that is often cold and insensitive to the all important psycho-social aspects of a balanced life. Vicky Young

    ReplyDelete